Click here to access and complete the application online:
Red River Leadership Institute Inaugural Class Application
PREVIEW THE APPLICATION BELOW
The Red River Leadership Institute (RRLI) is designed to provide participants from the public, private and non-profit sectors of the Red River Region the leadership skills to build a more livable regional community through the 3-Ts : (1) Talent (2) Technology (3) Tolerance. The Institute is dedicated to preparing leaders that will create real economic development opportunities for the Red River Region and beyond.
For the purposes of the Red River Leadership Institute, the Red River Region refers to the following states, counties and parish: Arkansas (Columbia, Hempstead, Howard, Lafayette, Little River, Miller, Nevada, & Sevier Counties), Louisiana (Bossier Parish), Oklahoma (McCurtain County), Texas (Bowie, Cass, Delta, Franklin, Hopkins, Lamar, Morris, Red River, & Titus Counties)
Thank you for your interest in the Red River Leadership Institute. Please complete all elements of the following application before midnight, Monday, June 17, 2019. Your application is not considered complete until we have received your two letters of recommendation. They should be mailed (Arkansas Economic Development Institute, ATTN: April Campbell, 2801 S. University Ave, Little Rock, AR 72204) or emailed (email@example.com) by June 17, 2019. If you have any questions, please email April Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (870) 703-6144.
Participants are required to attend at least six of the seven program sessions, including the kick-off retreat and the closing retreat which is mandatory. The 2019-2020 institute is tentatively scheduled as follows:
Kick-off session and retreat: Thursday, September 5 – Friday, September 6, 2019 Texas A&M University, Texarkana, TX.
Community Development: Friday, October 18, 2019 – UA Hope Texarkana, Hope, AR
Economic Development: Friday, December 6, 2019 – Broken Bow, OK
Healthcare/Housing: Friday, January 17, 2020 – Texarkana College, Texarkana, AR
Workforce: Friday, February 28, 2020 – Sulphur Springs, TX
Entrepreneurship/Small Business Innovation/Marketing: – Friday, April 3, 2020 – Shreveport, LA
Closing Retreat and Graduation: – Thursday, May 14, 2020 – Friday, May 15, 2020 UA Hope Texarkana, Texarkana, AR
The RRLI selection committee seeks to identify individuals most likely to use their leadership abilities for the long-term benefit of the Red River Region. The Inaugural class size will be 24 participants. Space limitations will result in a number of highly qualified applicants not being selected for the 2019-2020 class. Applicants who are not selected are encouraged to apply in subsequent years. The selection committee will seek diversity in areas including, but not limited to, profession, geography, education, state of career, ethnicity, and gender. Red River Leadership Institute does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, religion, sexual orientation, or national origin. Prior leadership program participation is not required but may be noted on your application.
Tuition and Tuition Assistance
Tuition 2019-2020 institute is $600. Tuition must be paid in full by the Orientation session for participants to remain in the program. Tuition covers all meals during each session, overnight accommodations for the first and last sessions and program material. Participants are responsible for travel to each session. A limited number of need-based scholarships are available to help candidates for whom tuition presents a barrier to participation. Please email email@example.com or call (870) 703-6144 to request tuition assistance. All inquiries are kept confidential.
Completed applications, including letters of recommendation are due before midnight on Monday, June 17, 2019. Notifications of selection into the inaugural class will be July 12, 2019.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Preferred Email
- Preferred Phone Number
- T-shirt Size
- Any Food Allergies or Restrictions
- Level of Education
- List Each College and Degree Obtained
- How long have you been at your current employer
- Briefly describe your current employment responsibilities
Achievements and Affiliations:
- List any professional, community or civic affiliations you belong to and any leadership positions you have held or currently hold
- List any volunteer work you participate in (formal or informal)
- List any professional awards or achievements
- Why do you want to participate in the Red River Leadership Institute?
- What do you consider to be the 3 most pressing challenges facing your community today?
- What specific skills, knowledge or resources do you hope to acquire as a result of participating in the Red River Leadership Institute?
Letters of Recommendation
Two letters of recommendation are required and must be received by Monday, June 17, 2019 for you to be considered for acceptance. Letters of recommendation should speak to your leadership qualities, your personal and professional engagement with issues of importance to your community and state and any other information that addresses what you will bring to the Red River Leadership Institute. It is the responsibility of the applicant to request these letters. Letters should be addressed to the Red River Leadership Institute and mailed to April Campbell, Arkansas Economic Development Institute, 2801 S. University Ave, Little Rock, AR 72204 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org . Letters must be sent directly to Red River Leadership Institute and will not be shared with you. Please complete the information below to let us know who will be serving as your references:
- Relationship to applicant:
- Relationship to applicant:
Professional Headshot, Biography, and Resume:
-Please upload a professional, high resolution photo in JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF or PDF format to be used in the institute directory, published to the Red River Leadership Institute website and distributed via press releases to the general public. Your picture will also be distributed to all those who contribute and support the Institute. If you do not have an appropriate photo readily available, you may proceed with this application and submit a photo upon acceptance.
-Please upload a brief personal/professional biography in paragraph form. Upon selection, your biography will be published to the Red River Leadership Institute webpages and distributed to a wide range of individuals throughout the program year.
-Please upload a current professional resume.
By submission of this form, you confirm that you have carefully read and agree to all requirements and instructions contained herein and that you will commit the necessary time and resources to complete the program.
1. Attendance: To graduate from RRLI, a participant is expected to attend all sessions in their entirety. Attendance at the Orientation Session and Graduation is mandatory. Failure to attend Orientation in full requires withdrawal from the program. No more than one absence during the other seven remaining sessions is allowed. More than one absence will result in the participant’s automatic withdrawal from the program. Meals are part of the program and attendance is required.
2. Non-Refundable Tuition: If a participant withdraws or is dismissed from the program at any time or for whatever reason, that participant shall not be entitled to have any portion of his or her tuition refunded. Tuition is not transferrable from one year to the next.
3. Schedule: The 2019 – 2020 institute year is tentatively scheduled as listed above. Any changes to the schedule will be communicated to the class participants in a timely manner.
4. Conduct: Participants but are expected to conform to basic standards of conduct as a condition of their affiliation with the Red River Leadership Institute. Any conduct that discriminates, threatens, intimidates, or coerces on any basis a fellow participant, RRLI employee, volunteer, visitor, or a member of the public involved in RRLI activities at any time, including not only RRLI sessions as described above, but also nonbusiness and/or purely social functions associated with the Institute, will not be tolerated and will result in immediate dismissal from the program. This prohibition includes, but is not limited to, all acts of inappropriate conduct as described above or discrimination, including harassment or discrimination that is based on an individual’s gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
5. Overnight Accommodations: As outlined in the application information, tuition covers all expenses except your individual travel to and from each session. To facilitate travel during each session and interaction with your classmates, participants are expected to stay at the host hotel unless the session is in or within a short driving distance of the participant(s) home. Please notify the Red River Leadership staff if you need special lodging accommodations.
6. Meals & Special Needs: If you have a dietary restriction or any other special needs, please contact the Program Director so that necessary arrangements can be made.
7. Phone Calls: As a courtesy to speakers and fellow participants, mobile devices should be in silent mode during sessions and their use limited.
8. Participation: You are strongly encouraged to participate and share your thoughts and views during each session. Remember, speakers often need to be challenged to get to the “meat of the issue.” To maximize class participation, please allow others to speak if you have already spoken.
9. Confidentiality: Candid discussions and exchanges of opinions and ideas are made possible by the expectation that participants will treat all comments made during any program session as confidential. Participants agree to treat the comments of session speakers, presenters, and participants as confidential. While participants are free to share ideas that they learn with non-participants, participants agree that they will not attribute to any speaker the substance of any such comments from a program session to nonparticipants.
10. Evaluations: To continuously improve the Red River Leadership Institute program, you will be asked to complete evaluation forms throughout the year. Your cooperation in this evaluation is appreciated and will help to serve future classes.
11. Attire: Dress for Red River Leadership Institute sessions is generally casual business attire. Session agendas will be distributed in advance and will include recommendations for appropriate attire should a change be warranted.
12. Class Materials: All class information will be distributed prior to each session or upon arrival at any particular session.
13. Inclement Weather: In the event of inclement weather, participants will receive as much notice as possible of cancellation or delay of a session. Please call the Red River Leadership Institute Director or the for further details, (501) 569-8551.
14. Emergency Contact: If, after close of business on the day before the beginning of session, you wish to contact or leave a message with Leadership Arkansas regarding your participation in that week’s activities, contact April Campbell via email at email@example.com or by text at 870-703-6144.
END OF APPLICATION